At Kusshi we love to travel if that wasn't pretty obvious already! As a remote team, with a serious case of wanderlust, we've visited wonderful places around the world. And now we want to share our travel adventures and tips with you - through our "mini travel guides", which we will be sharing right here on our blog. This is 24 hours in Amsterdam. Book your flight, pack your Signature KUSSHI makeup bag, and you're good to go!
Amsterdam. The city of bikes, canals, treasure-packed museums, a great dining scene, vintage-filled shops and so much more.
Pro tip: the best way to explore Amsterdam is by bike. So, hop on while we guide you to our favorite places.
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast at Dignita.
- Or get a stroopwafel (Dutch caramel cookie) and a coffee at Van Wonderen.
- Then pay a visit to photography museum Foam.
- At only a 2-minute bike ride away from Foam, is the flower market. Definitely worth a visit!
"Fun fact: everybody thinks that tulips come from Holland. Actually, tulips are native to Central Asia and Turkey. In the 16th century, they were brought to Holland from Turkey and quickly became widely popular. Today tulips are cultivated in Holland in great numbers and in huge fields."
- End your morning by heading to De Negen Straatjes (The Nine Streets) for some shopping!
The quaint and quirky streets that straddle Amsterdam's grandest canals form the city's most photogenic micro-neighborhood. Known to locals as De Negen Straatjes, this special neighborhood is bursting with vintage and designer shops, specialty stores and cozy cafes.
Where to shop in The Nine Streets:
- Skins Cosmetics - to shop their refined and exclusive beauty brands.
- Marie-Stella-Maris has divine natural body care and luxurious home fragrances.
- Mendo Books - a candy store for book aficionados.
- And of course, shop at a Dutch clothing brand such as Scotch & Soda or beauty brand like Rituals (stock up your Signature cosmetics bag!).
- Stay in De Negen Straatjes and have lunch at Libertine.
- Continue to Rijksmuseum to spot a Rembrandt and Van Gogh.
- Bike to the Vondelpark for a little break or take a canal tour to soak up all the sights.
- End your day at the A'DAM Toren, where you can enjoy an incredible view of Amsterdam (amazing during sunset).
- Or take in the view on Europe's highest swing on their skydeck - the A'DAM Lookout
- Then tickle your tastebuds at Moon Restaurant (in the same building).
What to pack:
You might only have 24 hours in Amsterdam, but that gives you plenty of time to shop some great beauty products at the stores we mentioned above in the Nine Streets! Make sure to pack a KUSSHI Signature makeup bag full set so you can bring all of it back. Shop our makeup bags here.
We hope you enjoyed our tips for a wonderful 24 hours in Amsterdam!
If you haven't already, be sure to download the printable, quick reference version of this guide here.
Check out more Kusshi Travel Guides on our Instagram highlights.