At KUSSHI we love to travel if that wasn't pretty obvious already! As a remote team, with a serious case of wanderlust, we've visited so many wonderful places around the world. And now we want to share our travel adventures and tips with you - through our "mini travel guides", which we will be sharing right here on our blog.
This is 48 hours in Playa Del Carmen, a great destination if you want a sunny escape during these winter months. Pack your KUSSHI Vacationer Full Set, and you're ready to explore this fun and beautiful place!
Mexico is known for its incredible food, so let's start with our favorite food spot suggestions that you can't miss out on.
- Chez Celine – French Cuisine with good and healthy bites and awesome vegan choices
- 100% Natural – A classic in town and super healthy. Freshly squeezed juices and amazing enchiladas or chilaquiles con pollo!
- La Cueva del Chango – This is one of our favorites! Super cool atmosphere and delicious Mexican cuisine. You get the classic Mexican dishes, located in Avenida 38, quintessential street in Playa del Carmen. Very local, cool!
- Telo: Nothing says “Aguachile” (a Mexican dish made of shrimp) like this place
- Trattoria del Centro – Great Italian food
- I Think – Another good Italian on the Avenida 38 street.
Agua Chile Verde
Guacamole of course!
- AMATE - Excellent comida Yucateca (regional amazing food from Yucatan, the State), which you can find on the famous Calle 38 street.
- La No 20 Cantina – A cool, upscale restaurant with great music and huge screens that show music videos, a perfect place to have your mezcal & tequila shots and party!
Porfirio's - Another cool place with a party atmosphere.
Cenotes - natural water pits
THINGS TO DO
- La Quinta – The famous Avenue where you can buy anything, and everything.
- Calle Corazon – super nice street and a classic in Playa.
- Playacar – Best beach near Playa del Carmen
- Cenotes – these natural pits are a must when you visit. There are many in Playa Del Carmen, but try the ones that are not as famous to avoid the crowd.
- ALDO – Great gelato!
- Paseo del Carmen Shopping Mall – the place to go to if you need to buy clothes or forgot your make up!
- Live Aqua – a lovely boutique hotel with a nice bar
WHAT TO PACK:
You might only have 48 hours in Playa Del Carmen, but that gives you plenty of time to soak up the sun on the beach and have a great food tour at the amazing places we have suggested in this post. Make sure to pack a KUSSHI Vacationer Full Set so you can bring your full-sized hair products, which you will need after a day at the beach. Shop our makeup bags here.
We hope you enjoyed our tips for a wonderful 48 hours in Playa Del Carmen. Enjoy the sun!
If you haven't already, be sure to download the printable, quick-reference version of this guide here.
Check out more Kusshi Travel Guides on our Instagram highlights.