At KUSSHI we love to travel if that wasn't pretty obvious already! As a remote team, with a serious case of wanderlust, we've visited so many wonderful places around the world. And now we want to share our travel adventures and tips with you - through our "mini travel guides", which we will be sharing right here on our blog.
This is 48 hours in New York City during the Holidays. The most magical time to visit the city that never sleeps. From the Christmas tree and ice skating at Rockerfeller center to the light show on the Saks Building. Pack your KUSSHI Signature Full Set, and you're ready to explore this incredible city!
The Tree in the Courtyard and Lobby at Lotte New York Palace Hotel
- Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center - See the tree, do a little shopping, or go ice skating (warning on the ice skating: be prepared to wait in a very long line).
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral - One of the most beautiful and famous churches in NYC
- The Tree in the Courtyard and Lobby at Lotte New York Palace Hotel - a little respite from the crowds in the middle of midtown. This place is a must-see during the holidays!
The Peninsula hotel -all we have to say is this is pure holiday magic in their lobby.
- The windows on 5th Avenue
- Saks 5th Avenue Christmas Light show and Windows - Every 15 minutes once the sun sets see the incredible light show on the Saks Building. One of the most magical things to do on 5th Avenue during the Holidays
- The Snowflake on 57th Street and 5th Ave
- Decorations on 57th street. The giant candy canes hanging from the Solow building are our favorite! Stop here on the way to the Plaza or Bergdorf's.
- Quick stop at the Plaza to see the magical lobby.
- End your day seeing the Rockettes in the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City! *Get tickets in advance as they sell out quickly*
Decorations outside the Lotte New York Palace
Ice skating at Rockerfeller Center
Atlas at Rockerfeller Center
If You Have Extra Time:
- Head down to Brookfield Place at 230 Vesey Street to see the Christmas decorations and do some shopping
- Walk over to the World Trade Center and get a great view of the oculus decked out for the holidays from the Mezzanine.
- Union Square pop up shops - grab the most amazing gifts for anyone on your holiday list.
- Bryant Park Winter Village (pop up shops, ice skating rink and food) - explore some of the best holiday pop-up shops in the city.
- Take a quick stroll into Grand Central Terminal to see the holiday decorations and their pop-up market
Christmas Tree at Rockerfeller Center
Snowflake on 57th
Where to eat & drink:
- The Winter Rose Garden** - 355 W 16th Street - Escape Traditional Christmas Decorations for this floral wonderland of 15,000 roses.
- Visit the Urban Space Vanderbuilt for a quick lunch, dinner or snack - Vanderbuilt Ave next to Grand Central Termal - There are food stalls from some of the best restaurants in New York.
- City Winery At Rockefeller Center** - Perfect for a large group No need to brave the crowds - Drink wine inside clear domes with amazing views of the tree.
- Serendipity 3** - 225 E 60th Street - for Frozen Hot Chocolate and/or lunch. Make a reservation well in advance. During the holidays this place is packed!
- Clicquot Chalet at Mr. Purple** - Hotel Indigo LES - Sip Veuve Clicquot in ski lodge-inspired snow globe on the top of Manhattan.
- Oscar Wilde - 45 W 27th St - Awesome holiday decorations and great cocktails. Get here early and grab a seat at the bar.
- The Late Late's Tacky Winter Takeover** - 159 E Houston Street - Sip awesome cocktails surrounded by holiday decorations
Rolf’s German Restaurant** -281 3rd Ave - the craziest holiday decorations in NYC. Super packed all of the time, but worth it to just walk in this place.
** notes booking in advance is required
Grand Central Station
What to pack:
You might only have 48 hours in New York City, but that gives you plenty of time to shop some great beauty products and a KUSSHI bag at our New York retailer Physique 57! Make sure to pack a KUSSHI Signature bag full set with pocketorganizer so you can bring all of it back. Shop our makeup bags here.
We hope you enjoyed our tips for a wonderful 48 hours in New York City during the holidays!
If you haven't already, be sure to download the printable, quick-reference version of this guide .
Check out more Kusshi Travel Guides on our Instagram highlights.