At Kusshi we love to travel if that wasn't pretty obvious already! As a remote team, with a serious case of wanderlust, we've visited so many wonderful places around the world. And now we want to share our travel adventures and tips with you - through our "mini travel guides", which we will be sharing right here on our blog. This is 48 hours in Lisbon. Pack your KUSSHI Vacationer Full Set, and you're ready to explore this incredible city!
Lisbon. This city is the perfect juxtaposition of old-world charm and avant-garde chic. Eclectic and dynamic from sights to sounds, food to fashion and the boldly bohemian to the beautifully bizarre. Here are our recommendations and we hope you'll love this city as much as we do.
"Lisbon is known for its 7 hills.
That being said, expect to walk up and down...a lot!"
- You know what they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and Dear Breakfast understands that completely. They have so many delicious choices!
- Want something lighter to start your day? Get a pastel de nata (a Portuguese custard tart), which you can find everywhere, but the best are are at Pastéis de Belém. There is ALWAYS a line, but it is absolutely worth the wait. We recommend getting a few(or 10!) to enjoy throughout your day exploring the city.
- Walk around the neighborhood of Belém and visit the Bélem Tower, take a Tagus River sailing tour, stroll through the botanical garden (Jardim Botânico Tropical), soak in the beauty of Jerónimos Monastery, see the Monument of Discoveries and definitely visit Bélem Cultural Center.
- Explore the Bairro Alto and Chiado neighborhoods. This is Lisbon's commercial and cultural heart. It's home to artists, designers, antique shops and chic bars.
- Have a fantastic lunch at Amélia. The interior is too cute not to post on Instagram!
- Finally head to Avenida da Liberdade for some luxury shopping.
Where to shop:
- For all things luxury definitely visit Avenida da Liberdade.
A Vida Potuguesa - a shop dedicated to nostalgic portoguese arts, crafts and brands in the trendy Chiado District.
SKINLIFEis your number one destination in Lisbon for all things skincare.
- End your day with a cocktail PARK, where you can enjoy an incredible view of Lisbon (especially amazing during sunset).
- Dinner at Restaurant Legaaal is our go-to.
- Absolutely try some green wine, which you can get at any restaurant.
- Feel like dancing? Listen to great live music at O Bom O Mau e O Vilão.
- If you have explored Lisbon completely, with some help from our guide, and have time left then definitely visit Sintra. It takes less than an hour from Lisbon to travel back to the age of imperial Portugal and Europe's original epicenter of romantic architecture.
- Visit all the sights and old palaces, of course, but don't leave without stopping by Casa Piriquita for typical Portuguese pastries.
What to pack:
You might only have 48 hours in Lisbon, but that gives you plenty of time to shop some great beauty products at the stores we mentioned above such as SKINLIFE! Make sure to pack a KUSSHI Vacationer bag full set so you can bring all of it back. Shop our makeup bags here.
We hope you enjoyed our tips for a wonderful 48 hours in Lisbon!
If you haven't already, be sure to download the printable, quick reference version of this guide .
Check out more Kusshi Travel Guides on our Instagram highlights.